Benefits of HVAC maintenance.
Your HVAC is going to have problems. It’s an unavoidable issue that every homeowner is confronted with. Repairs can potentially cost more than what is covered in your warranty, especially if your air conditioner suddenly decides to kick the bucket in the heat of summer. Properly maintaining your HVAC unit can help alleviate all of these nuisances and results in lower long-term costs.
- Improved efficiency. With regular maintenance you can retain 95 percent of the original efficiency of the unit.
- Lower utility bills. Improved efficiency directly correlates with lower utility costs.
- Lengthen the lifespan of your HVAC unit. Keep your unit in prime condition for years to come. Just like regularly working out and eating healthy extends our lives, give your unit it’s best chance to survive with regular check-ups.
AC maintenance tasks.
- Regularly make sure the condensing unit located outside is not covered up or clogged with leaves or debris. The unit needs to breathe, to draw air into the system.
- Change the filters regularly.
- Do not use a hose and water to try to clean the interior of the unit. Cleaning the unit in this way can lead to serious risk of electrical shock and possible shorting of electrical components.
- DO clean the dust and debris that have collected on the inside of your unit with an AC cleaning brush. Spray the evaporator and condenser fins with air conditioner cleaner after covering all electrical components with a rag. Vacuum up all loose debris.
Keep your family comfy and your costs down by regularly maintaining your air conditioner!
If you’re interested in learning more about any of these products or technologies, contact your local Minnesota Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer. You can find the one closest to you at StayComfyMinnesota.com.
For more energy saving and home comfort tips, visit StayComfyMinnesota.com! Stay Comfy, Minnesota is your Minnesota resource for air conditioning repair, furnace repair and HVAC tips and advice.